Kaia

Kaia

Feminist Killjoy. Badly Behaving Bookliker. Writer and reader of all things speculative.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Erin Morgenstern
Perdition
Ann Aguirre

I Don't Know How Some of You Do It

Seriously, some of the shit reviewers on GR put up with on their reviews...I don't know how someone like Wendy Darling deals with it. I get way less trolls on my review of The Passage than she gets on any single review, and they still drive me up a fucking wall.

Normally, I'm strangely lucky in the troll department. My reviews of things like Halo and Marked have yet to pick up a single troll. But I get around one or so a month on The Passage. Even at that rate, I kind of just want to delete the damn thing so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

And of course, none of them ever have a leg to stand on. It's all just abuse and/or wild assumptions about my reading habits. Not a single one can actually pinpoint a reason why I'm supposed to think that bloated, overwritten doorstopper is any good. Ugh, it gives me such a headache, I really don't know how some people put up with the constant flow of these douche bags.